ANLP International CIC
The Association for NLP
Empowering NLP Professionals
These are the full Rapport advertising Terms and Conditions, which are legally binding when Rapport advertising is booked through ANLP.
Last updated: 16.09.19
1. ANLP International CIC (“ANLP”) accepts publication of Advertisements (as defined below) on the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms”).
2. These Terms apply to:
3. By placing an order, the “Advertiser” (which is the person bidding for or placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
4. The publication of an Advertisement by ANLP does not mean that ANLP accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that ANLP has waived its rights under these Terms.
5. A signed booking form must be returned to ANLP for a booking to be accepted. Email correspondence will be deemed to be an acceptance of our terms and conditions.
6. ANLP may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement. ANLP may refuse to publish any Advertisement for any Advertiser who has not paid any sums due for any advertising in any issue of Rapport or the Website. The Advertiser will remain responsible for all outstanding charges.
7. Advertisers warrant that their advertisements do not contravene any legislation which governs the advertising of their goods or services. Advertisers recognise that ANLP does not endorse any products or services advertised in Rapport.
8. The Advertiser guarantees to ANLP that:
9. The positioning of any advertisement will ultimately be at the discretion of the publisher and will be dependent on preserving the overall look and feel of the magazine.
10. The Publishers will not be held liable for any actual or perceived losses due to delay in publication or distribution.
Prices quoted assume that Materials for any Advertisement (whether print or digital) adhere to ANLP’s technical specifications and be delivered to ANLP within the applicable timeframes, each as set out here. (In the future, when ANLP builds digital Advertisement units on behalf of the Advertiser, the Advertiser must provide assets in accordance with the requirements set out in ANLP’s Digital Advertising Production Format Guide (TBA).)
If materials for any advertisement do not meet the required specification, ANLP reserves the right to return the advert for amendment or make an additional charge for the required changes or amendments.
12. Rates and terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
13. Cancellation Policy:
14. Payment Terms:
16. ANLP accepts no responsibility for any interruption or delay the Advertiser experiences in delivering any Advertisement copy to ANLP or any loss or damage to any Advertisement copy or any other materials. The Advertiser guarantees that it has retained sufficient quality and quantity of all materials supplied to ANLP.
17. ANLP shall use its reasonable endeavours to reproduce Advertisements as provided by the Advertiser but cannot guarantee that the Advertisement will be of the same quality.
18. ANLP will not be responsible for any additions to, changes in, deletions from, delays in publication or withdrawal of any Advertisements required by any authority having responsibility for the regulation of online or press advertising (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
19. If a booked Advertisement is not published at all solely due to a mistake on ANLP’s part, ANLP will try to offer an alternative publication date(s). If the alternative date(s) is not accepted, the original booking will be cancelled and the Advertiser shall be entitled to a full refund if the Advertiser has paid in advance for the Advertisement. This shall be the Advertiser’s sole remedy for failure to publish the advertisement.
20. If the Advertisement as reproduced by ANLP contains a substantial error solely due to a mistake on ANLP’s part, ANLP shall, on request, re-publish the Advertisement at no additional cost to the Advertiser. ANLP shall not be responsible for repetition of errors and it is the Advertiser’s responsibility to inform ANLP of any errors and provide any necessary assistance to ANLP to prevent a repeat of the error.
21. ANLP shall not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss of revenue and/or any other loss which happens as a side effect of the main loss suffered by the Advertiser or any loss which could not be contemplated by ANLP and the Advertiser, and ANLP’s maximum total liability for any loss or damage arising out of or in relation to any Advertisement whether in contract, tort or otherwise shall not exceed the total amount of the charges for the relevant Advertisement actually paid by or on behalf of the Advertiser.
22. ANLP will not be responsible for any failure or delay affecting production or publication of Rapport in any manner where such failure or delay results from any act, omission, interruption, fault or other condition beyond the reasonable control of ANLP.
23. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude ANLP’s responsibility for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence, fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of an Advertiser who is a consumer.
25. The Advertiser will fully indemnify ANLP from all investigations, claims, fines, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees) expenses and liabilities arising as a result of any breach or failure to comply with any of these Terms and/or the use or publication of the Advertisement by ANLP in accordance with these Terms.
26. ANLP owns the copyright in all Advertisements written or designed by it or on its behalf.
27. The Advertiser grants ANLP the right (free of charge) to:
28. The cancellation period for an Advertisement varies according to the publication. The Advertiser should refer to the relevant rate card, here. The Advertiser may cancel an Advertisement provided that notice in writing is received by ANLP within the relevant cancellation period. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, the minimum notice period for cancellation by the Advertiser is 30 days unless agreed otherwise. Please send notice of your intention to cancel to the person who made your booking. Cancellation will only be effective on confirmation of receipt of your notice.
29. If the Advertiser is insolvent or bankrupt or is otherwise in breach of these Terms, ANLP may treat the order as cancelled.
30. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
31. If ANLP fails or delays in exercising its rights or remedies provided by these Terms, it shall not be deemed to have waived that or any other right or remedy under these Terms.
32. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a relationship of principal and agent, a partnership, joint-venture, or co-ownership. Neither party shall have the authority to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other, and neither party shall hold itself out as having authority to do the same.
33. These Terms are the entire agreement between the Advertiser and ANLP in respect of the Advertisements and no modification to these Terms will be effective unless made in writing and signed by both ANLP and the Advertiser.
34. These Terms and any documents referred to and therefore incorporated by reference herein shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the Advertiser purports to apply to the purchase of Advertisements (including, without limitation, terms in any insertion or purchase order, e-mail, acknowledgement or click through agreement). To the maximum extent permitted by law, other than as set out in these Terms, all warranties and representations, whether express or implied, are excluded.
35. Subject to clause 24, these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them) shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them).